The City of Central is requesting buyers to specifically list "Central, LA" with their corresponding zip code as the delivery address
For More Info...
- Manufactured Home: Installation Permit Application
- Manufactured Home: Occupancy Inspection Request
- Sign Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Application
- Commercial Building Application
- Electrical Application
- Manufactured Home Permit
- Mechanical Application
- PEC-1 Proposed Elevation
- Residential Building Application
- Plumbing Application
Permits & Inspections
Online Permits & Inspections
FIT: Field Information Technology is our new software program designed to make obtaining a permit in the City of Central easy and less time consuming.
Here are a few ADVANTAGES of our new software system:
- Ability to apply and pay for permits online
- Upload building plans and other documentation directly into the permit application
- Provide immediate inspection results to contractors/residents via email and/or SMS text message
- Provide information in regards to permit status; fee payment, and plan review notes that can be printed at any given time
- Inspection scheduling, status, and report will be ready for print or review in real time
- The Permit Fee Calculator can provide a quick estimate of permit, plan review, flood zone fees before you apply for permits
Contractors, we implore you to visit the FIT Customer Portal Website: https://fit-portal.ibts.org and register for an account.
Please download the FIT PORTAL USER GUIDE to help you navigate through the website.
For questions about online permitting or the FIT website, please call (225) 262-5000.
Permits & Inspections
For requests for Building Permits & Inspections, please call 225.262.5000.
The following is a list of some typical items for which permits are required:
- Residential and Commercial Buildings
- Accessory Buildings
- Signs, Heating/Air Conditioning Units
- Water Heaters
- Outdoor Sprinkler Systems
- Swimming Pools
- House Movings
- Mobile Homes
Permit and inspection fees effective July 1, 2011.
To All Contractors
Please be aware that effective January 1, 2014 the Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council has mandated that the 2012 editions of the following codes will be enforced:
- International Residential Code 2012
- International Building Code 2012
- International Fuel Gas Code 2012
- International Mechanical Code 2012 with the exception of residential work which will continue to use the 2006 Louisiana Supplement
- Also, the 2011 National Electric Code will continue to be enforced, as well as the 2012 Louisiana State Plumbing Code.
We currently use and will continue to use the following:
Processes and Guidelines
- Notice to Subcontractors Requesting Inspections
- Permit Posting Procedures and Address Display
- Storm Water Compliance Procedures Brochure for New Construction
- Building Permit Flowchart
- Commercial Inspection Flowchart
- Residential Inspection Flowchart
- Commercial Construction Guide (3 MB) (includes Commercial Permit applications and fees)
- Driveway Permit Procedures on State Highways
- How to Obtain a Generator Permit
- Manufactured Homes Inspection Guidelines
- Mailbox Regulations from the U.S. Postal Service
- Residential Construction Guide (18 MB) (includes Residential Permit applications, Trade Permit applications, and fees)
- Sign Permit Guide