top of page



Requests for Department of Public Works (DPW) services within the city limits of the City of Central can be made by calling 225.262.5000. The Parish of East Baton Rouge is still providing maintenance services to the City of Central for all sewer, garbage, and trash matters.

Typical DPW requests are maintenance of ditches, canals, creeks, drains, culverts, catch basins, sinkholes (drainage related), potholes, bridges, sidewalks (repaired only if damaged by city parish work/workers), streets, shoulders, curbs, trees in rights-of-way, blind corners, neutral grounds, and traffic signs on City-Parish rights-of-way. All matters along state highways are handled by DOTD.

Requests for action by Public Safety should be directed to the Sheriff's Department at 225.389.5000.

Garbage/Trash related matters should be reported to DPW by calling the Citizen's Service hotline at "311." garbage/trash collection, including maps of collection days, and the Baton Rouge Recycling Office has information about curbside recycling

Utility (electric, gas, water, cable, etc.) requests are to be directed to the appropriate utility service provider.

Recycling and Garbage Can Info

Information on what items can be recycled in your recycling cart, as well as information on hazardous household materials collection drop-off locations, can be found at Remember: Never place used or leftover paint in your garbage cans. All matters regarding garbage and trash pickup can be made by dialing "311" from a landline telephone.  This is the hotline for garbage and trash pickup matters.

Sewer Improvement Projects

More than $34,000,000 worth of sewer improvement projects are scheduled for the Central area over the next five years. Click on the links below for a detailed description and timeline of each project:

bottom of page