CLICK HERE TO VIEW PDF VERSION OF MAP
Note: The Army Corps of Engineers requested that the contracted work be broken down and submitted to them for approval in a total of 9 work packages.
Work on the following areas has been completed by LGS:
Work Package # 1 - Saunders Bayou near Greenwell Springs Port Hudson and Blackwater Roads (northern portion of City). Includes 23 known sites.
Work Package # 2 – Draughan Creek from Greenwell Springs Road south to just south of Chervil Drive (southern portion of City). Includes 17 known sites.
Work stopped after 8/26 to allow for the passage of weather related to Hurricane Harvey. Work resumed on 9/5/17 on work packages #3 and #6 (Beaver Bayou).
As of Friday (9/8/17)
- 11 of the known sites were removed since work resumed.
- Debris is also being encountered between sites.
- 53 of the 219 known sites (total for all work packages) have been removed.
- 166 remaining known sites
- 228.2 Tons of debris have been removed to date
- 28,690 linear feet of channels have been cleaned to date.
Below are some before and after photos from the work completed this week: