Progress Update on Drainage Work
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PDF VERSION OF MAP
Note: The Army Corps of Engineers requested that the contracted work be broken down and submitted to them for approval in a total of 9 work packages.
Work on the following areas has been completed by LGS:
Work Package # 1 - Saunders Bayou near Greenwell Springs Port Hudson and Blackwater Roads (northern portion of City). Includes 23 known sites.
Work Package # 2 – Draughan Creek from Greenwell Springs Road south to just south of Chervil Drive (southern portion of City). Includes 17 known sites.
Work Package # 3 – Beaver Bayou from Wax Road south to the city limit.
As of Friday (9/22/17)
LGS has continued to work on Work Packages #5 and #6.
These work packages seem to be taking a little longer than expected due to a large volume of debris.
- 11 of the known sites were removed this week.
- Debris is also being encountered between sites.
- 110 of the 219 known sites (total for all work packages) have been removed.
- 109 remaining known sites
- 410 Tons of debris have been removed to date
- 60,890 linear feet of channels have been cleaned to date.
Below are some before and after photos from the work completed this week: